[mythtv] clock on EPG

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 28 09:25:17 EDT 2004

On Saturday 26 June 2004 21:32, Allen Rohner wrote:
> Hi, I've been a mythtv user for about six months, and a lurker on
> this list for a few weeks. I've never contributed to an OSS project,
> but I'd like to help in a cool project :-)
>
> I'm thinking about writing a patch that would put a clock on the EPG
> menu, and eventually maybe setting an alarm that would go off if
> you're watching TV or a recording, maybe just flash something on the
> OSD. Is this a good feature? Is the EPG a good place to put it?

Umm... the EPG already displays the current time.   Or did you mean the
OSD menu?  No need for that, since you can already display the current
time on the OSD by pressing 'Info' ('I' key).

For a while I've been kicking around the idea of making a UI container
element for the current time to be displayed in the menu screens (and
possibly other screens later).  One of these days I'll sit down and
actually code it...

-JAC