[mythtv] Recordings and Live TV freeze
Marc Kessels
kessels at rijnh.nl
Fri Jun 25 11:21:34 EDT 2004
Hi Sean,
I recently also experienced that myth crashed after some 10 minutes. I
found that ntp was causing the problem. Whenever your clock goes wrong for
more than 128 ms(!), ntp steps the time (instead of slewing it), and
apparently myth cannot cope with that. After startup of ntp it fetches the
time from the time server 8 times (with intermediate of 64 seconds) before
using a correction. You can force an immediate synchronisation by putting
iburst in your /etc/ntp.conf after the server like this:
server ntp.example.tld iburst
This might help to solve your problem.
Marc
At 16:31 21-6-2004, you wrote:
>I am running MythTV 0.15 on a Gentoo box. Everything is up-to-date. My
>tuner is a PVR250. I am having problems with Live TV, and recordings.
>After 12-15 min. Live TV freezes. MythTV is not lcoked-up, so if I go
>back to the menu and then back to Live TV, I can watch for another 15 min.
>
>Recordings only record 12-15 min. and then stops.
>
>Here is an interesting excerpt from my backend log:
>
>2004-06-17 20:47:41 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:42 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:42 WriteBlock(): Aborting WriteBlock, write to socket failed!
>2004-06-17 20:47:42 2 -1
>2004-06-17 20:47:43 14 0[]:[]84992000
>2004-06-17 20:47:43 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:43 1 1
>2004-06-17 20:47:43 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:43 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:44 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:44 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:44 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:45 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:45 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:46 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:46 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:46 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:47 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:47 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:47 6 256000
>2004-06-17 20:47:48 6 256000
>
>If you need any more details, let me know.
>
>Sean
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>mythtv-dev mailing list
>mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
>http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
More information about the mythtv-dev
mailing list