[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] torrentocracy = rss + bit torrent + myth

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 21 11:26:43 EDT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Thursday 17 June 2004 03:04 pm, Gary Lerhaupt wrote:
> > I have taken Renchi Raju's mythnews plugin, revamped the GUI
> > (borrowing from mythweather, adding a second page), and added
> > enclosure parsing/downloading to enable bit torrent downloads from
> > Myth.  I am calling this project Torrentocracy.
>
> If you can think of a _better_ way to get this project shut down, I'd be
> interested in hearing it.  Thanks for the Slashdot story, too.  Now Myth is
> going to be associated with illegal p2p crap for anyone who read it.

i would like to chime in and say that this is a  quickfire way of ensuring
that mythtv will be branded as a project with legal burdens which
would be enough to scare away a lot of us wanting to setup a
"family-clean" project at home.

since the code is gpl, you are free to do whatever with it. but i would
like to request that my name be removed from the copyright messages
present in the source code and the readme.

renchi