[mythtv] Major commflag problems with current CVS

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Jun 20 15:19:56 EDT 2004

> I've just upgraded to the current CVS and have hit a fairly major bug.
> I turned on the commercial flagging and when the backend was restarted it
> immediately fired up a few hundred threads, flagging all of my recordings
> (about 80 of them, which have never been commercial flagged) in parallel.
> The load on the box hit the roof and eventually mythbackend sucked up all

If they are old shows, update your recorded table to set the commflagged field
and this won't happen.  I'm working on something to throttle the number of
jobs that can get fired off in this circumstance so it shouldn't be a
problem in the future.

update recorded
	set starttime = starttime
		commflagged = 3
	where commflagged = 0;

That will tell Myth that all those shows are commercial free so it won't try
to flag them.
--

Chris