[mythtv] 2.6 IR Keyboards

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sat Jun 19 11:18:10 EDT 2004

Darren Hart wrote:

>2) The current hardcoded maps use KEY_* event codes.  IMO people don't
>think of remotes as keyboards, the closest parallel would be more like a
>joystick.  My remote has keys that are bound to keyboard keys that I
>don't like, but unless I recompile the kernel I can't really change
>that.  It seems to me that remotes should use BTN_* event codes rather
>than KEY_* codes.

You might think of your remote as a joystick but most people think of it
as a remote.  The closest parallel to the functionality of a remote *is*
a keyboard.  As for not liking the keybinding that's generated when you
press a remote button...  What difference does it make as long as you
can tell your app "when X is press do Y"?