[mythtv] Mythfrontend hang with CVS

Leo Weppelman leo at wau.mis.ah.nl
Thu Jun 10 02:27:29 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:52:29AM +0200, Tako Schotanus wrote:
> Tako Schotanus wrote:
> I was a bit too quick with my last message:
> because if I put in a CD and remove it again the frontend hangs and
> starts spewing an endless list of "Unlocking CDROM door" messages.

Are you sure that your frontend hangs? Those messages are generated
by a separate thread. And yes they are annoying at a rate of 4
messages/second :-/ The message should be commented out I think.

I can only test with with 1 data cd (I am at work right now), but
opening/closing the tray generates the expected events without
hangs on the frontend.
There still is a bug that the media handler fails to unmount the
cd, but that will be fixed by Xaviers patch.

Leo.