[mythtv] Mythfrontend hang with CVS

Leo Weppelman leo at wau.mis.ah.nl
Tue Jun 8 02:05:08 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 10:12:38PM -0400, James Armstrong wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>
> >Isaac Richards wrote:

It looks like the changes for the FreeBSD port broke the mediamonitor.
The first problem is getmntent() being replaced by getfsent(). The latter
cannot be nested. This causes the 'hang'. MediaMonitor::addFSTab() uses
getfsent() to get device names and calls MediaMonitor::addDevice which
also calls getfsent(). This works with getmntent(), it won't work with
getfsent().
I quickly hacked MediaMonitor::addFSTab() to use getmntent() again and
then you'll get a SIGSEGV because of a stack overflow :-(
This seems to be caused by MythCDROMLinux::unlock() calling openDevice()
which seems to be calling unlock().....

Sorry, no fixes, just investigations...

Leo.