[mythtv] mythfilldatabase failed and also destroyed by schedule!

David Shay david at shay.net
Sun Jun 6 21:42:08 EDT 2004

On Sunday 06 June 2004 08:36 pm, Craig Rindy wrote:
> Just so others don't think they're going nuts (or just to point out that
> I'm doing so), DataDirect schedules from zap2it.com are still broken for
> me.  There's a thread on the users list --
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/71626 -- that seems to
> describe the same problem.

On the zap2it bulletin board, this problem has been noted, and they expect to
resolve it at the latest by tomorrow.

Here is the announcement:

download problems

Hi all,

 Several of you have reported problems with downloading data. The XML document
produced contains only stations and lineups, but no schedules, programs,
cast&crew, or genres. It also does not contain a closing <xtvd> tag, making
it invalid XML.

 We working to solve the problem, although we may not be able to remedy it
until Monday (2004-06-07). Thank you for the reports, and we appreciate your
patience.

 Tom
 Zap2it Labs forum and customer service manager

Meanwhile, I will try to look at the code and see what changes could be made.
Perhaps capturing SOAP faults, or at the very least trying to make sure that
data is not deleted if none is returned.   I'll take a stab at it.

David Shay