[mythtv] Problem compiling gigem's CVS search-based recording stuff

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Jun 3 02:31:22 EDT 2004

Nigel Pearson wrote:
> I have been having problems getting a working set of files.
> Ignoring bjm's changes today, with -r1.32 of proglist.cpp I get this:
>
> % make
> c++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -Os -O2 `freetype-config --cflags` -fPIC
> -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\"
> -DCONFIG_DARWIN -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED
> -DQT_ACCESSIBILITY_SUPPORT -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT
> -I/Volumes/Backups/qt/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/local/include
> -I../libmyth -I.. -Idvbdev -I../libavcodec -I/Volumes/Backups/qt/include
> -o proglist.o proglist.cpp
> proglist.cpp: In member function `void ProgLister::addSearchRecord()':
> proglist.cpp:407: error: `RecSearchType' undeclared (first use this
> function)

RecSearchType is an enum in scheduledrecording.h (in the main branch)
which should be included near the top of the file. Maybe the file
isn't being found or it is an older version that doesn't have this
enum?

> proglist.cpp:407: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once for
>    each function it appears in.)
> proglist.cpp:407: error: parse error before `;' token
> proglist.cpp:412: error: `recsearch' undeclared (first use this function)
> proglist.cpp:412: error: `kTitleSearch' undeclared (first use this
> function)
> proglist.cpp:415: error: `kKeywordSearch' undeclared (first use this
> function)
> proglist.cpp:418: error: `kPeopleSearch' undeclared (first use this
> function)
> proglist.cpp:426: error: `loadBySearch' undeclared (first use this
> function)
> make: *** [proglist.o] Error 1
>
> %
>
>     So, does anyone have a definition for these?

http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/scheduledrecording.h?r1=1.35&r2=1.36&sortby=file

proglist.cpp 1.32 or 1.33 won't work without the current
scheduledrecording.h and should work if its there.

> Or are you guys just backing out all gigem's changes?

Not that I know of. Make sure you are using the main branch
and not files from here and there from different branches
and different dates.

--  bjm