[mythtv] mythbackend problems with 0.15.1

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Jun 2 20:52:54 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 07:28 pm, James Pifer wrote:
> I've had some problems with mythbackend since upgrading to 0.15.1.
<snip>
> Anyway, my debug is seems rather lacking, but it's at the bottom.
> Hopefully I did it right this time. My apologies to Isaac for failing to
> complete the steps the first time.

It would be right, but it appears that you're using Redhat, which likes to
distribute a broken gdb/glibc/kernel and make debugging multi-threaded
programs impossible.  There's not much I can do directly without a backtrace.
You could start adding a bunch of debugging statements everywhere in the
recording process, but that's pretty hit or miss, takes a long time, and
requires some familiarity with the source.

Isaac