[mythtv] Similtaneous TV watching on multiple frontends

ebike at paradise.net.nz ebike at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jun 2 16:35:59 EDT 2004

Hi There,

For some reason I assumed that two or more frontends could watch TV if they were
watching the same channel. It seems this is not so.

I have had a box running backend/frontend for some time with great results. I
have recently added another frontend on a laptop so I could watch TV in the
bedroom, this
works fine if no one is watching TV on the backend box. Why can we not have two
streams running similtaneous? I don't see any technical reasons why not ... any
views.

Also on another issue. How do I access my pictures and music files that are on
the backend box from my remote frontend. Do I have to tell the frontend somehow
how to use nfs/samba etc?
If so how is that done. Can not see any docs on this. This seems the "natural"
thing that people want to do with mythtv.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers,
Bernie Mentink