[mythtv] Commercial flagging and the cut list

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Sat Jul 17 15:30:58 EDT 2004

Hi All,

A few weeks ago I was using the CVS version of myth, and I discovered that the
automatic commercial flags were getting automatically copied into the
cutlist, which I thought was a great feature.  I could go into "edit" mode,
see where the commercial cuts were, and tinker with them.

I was running into problems with the viaslice playback, however, so I reverted
to mythtv 0.15 and this feature disappeared.  Now I'm using the CVS version
again (Kenneth having fixed the viaslice problems) but the commercial to
cutlist feature didn't come back.  I swear it was there before!  Am I seeing
a corrupted database?

Let me know where I should look to track this down.

Lincoln

PS: I sent the maintainer of mythvideo a patch that automatically steals a
frame from the video in order to generate a cover image if there isn't one on
IMDb.  However, I never heard back from him.  Is this something that other
people would like?

--
Lincoln Stein
lstein at cshl.edu