[mythtv] Watching Live TV & method TV::GetChannelInfo getting called every second

Buechler, Mark R Mark_R_Buechler at bausch.com
Thu Jul 15 14:37:55 EDT 2004

The problem is you don't want it cached and at the same time update every
second - what would be the point? You would only be as up to date as your
cache which could be several seconds off. Maybe a better way would be to on
every channel change pull in 2 (or more) hours of information and only check
again after 2 hours for updates. Then you could update at the times when the
schedule changes.

- Mark.

  _____