[mythtv] channels.conf-import

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Jul 12 07:38:56 EDT 2004

> 3) Something I have noticed about the linuxtv-dvb-apps scan program
>    is that it outputs some extra stuff to stdout (ProviderID?)
>    that is not written to a tzap format output file.
>    I was thinking that adding another output format to the
>    scan program for MythTV (maybe raw SQL INSERT statements)
>    might be a better way forward than improving your script?

You might be better to parse the VDR format from SCAN rather than the
tzap.  It has more fields

To be honest though, if you are comfortable enough writing some C to
change the output of scan then I think you could probably implement an
import routine for the backend setup program. It's not too hard, just
needs some time to sit down and finish a parser.

Good luck.  Looks nice

Ed W