[mythtv] MythVideo + removable media question

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Fri Jul 9 14:48:54 EDT 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 1:22 pm, Xavier Hervy wrote:
> Don't have camera and i just want to know how that is work.
> is the camera mounted like a usb drive ?

exactly (depending on your camera) ... got the panasonic lumix dmc-fz10 and
it's "just another" scsi drive as far as my system is concerned ... don't use
it on my htpc, but whipped up 2 glorified scripts for my desktop and made
buttons on my XFCE taskbar:

- 1 that tries to mount, reports any errors (w/ osd_cat) and if all goes well
starts gthumb in /mnt/camera/dcim/100_pana (/mnt/camera is the mount point,
the rest is the file structure my particular camera makes) ...

- 2nd that tries to unmount and reports errors w/ osd_cat ...

still need to write one more that copies them into /mnt/smeg/Images/incoming
(smeg is the my file server mounted at /mnt/smeg and mythgallery is setup to
look in /mnt/smeg/Images for pix) to make it even more automated :)

works really slick ... haven't even tried this camera in xp since it works so
well in linux ... just make sure you unmount the drive before unplugging the
camera, otherwise odd things can happen!!!

-g-