[mythtv] Digital subtitle support

Wed Jul 7 17:57:45 EDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Piers Kittel wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been following MythTV's progress fairly closely - I've always been
> hoping to build my own MythTV box but one thing has been stopping me -
> lack of digital subtitle support.  As I'm Deaf, I require subtitles to
> be able to watch and enjoy programmes/films etc and would like to
> include a Digital Terrestrial or Satellite decoder card but apparently
> support to record/playback subtitles aren't available to be included
> with MythTV.  I'm not fully sure if even analogue teletext subtitles are
> recordable with MythTV with an analogue decoder card rather than an
> external decoder (such as a VCR).  From my experience, a lot of people
> prefer to be able to see subtitles and I think this feature would
> benefit everyone greatly if it were available?
>
> Thanks very much for reading this
>
> Cheers - Piers

As far as the HD-2000 HDTV tunner card goes, this is on Daniel Thor
Kristjansson todo list.  He is pretty swamped with personal stuff and other
projects so it could be a while, though.

If you have any programming experience, I am sure he would be more than
willing to give you the information necessary to implement this feature.

John