[mythtv] DVB Diseqc Troubles Solved

Kenneth Aafløy lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Sat Jul 3 22:18:01 EDT 2004

On Saturday 03 July 2004 13:44, Jörg Bakker wrote:
> > I'm wondering if we should change the print statements to be diseqc_port
> > + 1, or is that just confusing?
>
> I agree, but both
> 1) "Port 0/2" and "Port 1/2" ,
> 2) "Port 1/2" when it's actually port 0 in the configuration
> is confusing.
>
> We should either just print "Port 0" or change the numbering scheme of the
> ports to 1, 2, ... in the configuration.
>
> There are surely other side effects (at least changing old configs), but I
> would vote for changing the numbering scheme as it also seems more
> consistent with satid in the same table.

Old configs should be easyly converted by loading their values and storing
them with +1.

My point here beeing that most diseqc switches seems to present their ports in
a 1+ kind of configuration, which makes that print statement seem rather
strange. I'm not sure if the sat code references the port at all, but if that
is the case, it'll need to be corrected too.

Kenneth