[mythtv] Fwd: 2 small feature requests

skrpub skrpub at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 30 23:32:43 EST 2004

Bruce Markey wrote:

> skrpub wrote:
>
>> That is a little clearer. Unfortunately, it still doesn't handle the
>> case where the networks (or listing) offsets a show by a bit.
>

> Other than guessing incorrectly, how did you come to that
> conclusion and decide to explain this to me as a fact?

I wasn't clear. Without user intervention, the scheduler doesn't handle,
or handles poorly, a single card and schedules that overlap by a minute.
As you pointed out, that is a conflict, and one show will be dropped.

Start early/end late CAN correct that IF I catch that I need to set it.
Usually I use the R key from the program guide grid to schedule, so I
miss that correction is needed. Of course, if shows move or schedules
change after I've set an "Always" type recording, I will certainly miss it.

In short, NBC's "minute off to defeat TiVo" schedule defeats MythTV too
if user action is not taken. Recording partial schedules when there is a
short conflict defeats NBC without user action.

Simon