[mythtv] Fwd: 2 small feature requests

Steve Davies steve at one47.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 06:23:50 EST 2004

David Engel said:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 10:22:47AM -0500, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>> It's been a while since I looked at the scheduler/conflict resolution
>> code... not since before the recording priority stuff went in; I'm sure
>> it's gotten more complex.  I'll have to have a look at it and see if I
>> can figure out how this might be done...
>
> FYI, the scheduler is likely going to get an overhaul after 0.14 is
> released.
>
> David

David,

Have you a list of the stuff you plan on doing for 0.14?

I have started to extend my previous patch to the point where it _could_
(if it works) provide a much more deterministic approach to the scheduler.

Basically it would place each item into the schedule, highest priority
first (priority being based on a number of configurable factors as at
present) - Clearly I don't want to duplicate work or clash with any of
your plans.

At the same time, my approach may prove to be fatally flawed, so I don't
want to make it sound like a panacea for all ills ;-)

Regards,
Steve