[mythtv] [Draft] Filter documentation.

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Thu Jan 29 17:06:37 EST 2004

ons, 2004-01-28 kl. 03:00 skrev Kenneth Aafløy:
> Bruce Markey wrote:
> > Here is a first draft. Please check this for incorrect or
> > mis-leading information, missing information, too much
> > information, the general layout or any other comments or
> > corrections.
>
> The postprocess is actually enabled and functioning, what
> has been disabled for it is it's usage of the qscale table
> from mpeg decoding.

I just experimented a bit with some of my archived shows (AVI,MPEG4) and
MPlayer filters and found I like the results I get by using the
following commandline:

mplayer -vf spp,denoise3d -aspect 4:3 -fs filename.avi

This seems to smooth the image quite a lot and impressed me quite a bit.
I'm wondering if the 'postprocess' filter in MythTV is supposed to do
something similar? I tried using it for playback but my frontend
crashed... If the postprocess has a different function then something
like the spp filter would be really nice to have in MythTV.

>From 'mplayer -vf help':

  spp            : simple postprocess

Are you supposed to run one of the converter filters before the
postprocess filter or is it simply not really stable? Or am I just
having bad luck here??

/Martin.
--
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>