[mythtv] Fwd: 2 small feature requests

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Thu Jan 29 05:59:10 EST 2004

> Van: David Engel <dlengel at attbi.com>
>
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 10:22:47AM -0500, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>> It's been a while since I looked at the scheduler/conflict resolution
>> code... not since before the recording priority stuff went in; I'm sure
>> it's gotten more complex.  I'll have to have a look at it and see if I
>> can figure out how this might be done...
>
>FYI, the scheduler is likely going to get an overhaul after 0.14 is
>released.

Please also consider adding a way for a (possibly) external program to
signal the begin and end of a recording. In Europe some (not all) channels
send out PDS or VPS (germany) signals to mark begin and end. I think it
should be possible to grab that from the VBI device.

AFAIK Erik Arendse was working on that (beside other things) before he got
too upset about all the Americanisms in MythTV, and explaining the
(American) developers why his stuff was important for ~1 billion potential
users.

And what about adding a per-channel post/pre-roll?

	Henk Poley <><