[mythtv] Media MVP UI

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Wed Jan 28 06:14:45 EST 2004

John W. Ross wrote:

> I did some more testing of the MediaMVP tonight.  It appears that certain
> icons, such as play (>) pause [] stop etc.  must be in the firmware for the
> device.  While I can get the UI to change to some degree by manipulating the
> temporary directory that is placed on the server, I can't get those icons to
> change, they don't seem to be part of the html.  So getting the detail of
> some portions of the Myth UI may be more of a challenge, if there is the
> desire to go to that level of replication.

Thanks, John.

Hmmm, this sounds like the Myth OSD may not be possible. James' comment
about the experimental code showing the same indicators does sound like
the firmware on the MediaMVP side is generating it.

I was hoping it was taking a VNC generated screen and overlaying it over
the paused video. That would have been the way to go in my view.

Well, we can always hope that someone from Hauppauge reads the Myth
groups or is familiar with the Myth works and poaches some ideas for
future firmware versions :)

That is if this is not a function of the IBM provided STB platform.
Because if it is, then it is not likely to change.

Dennis