[mythtv] Re:Another commercial flagging method

Liam mythtv at badlysoiled.net
Wed Jan 28 04:21:36 EST 2004

I've made some more changes to the method, this patch needs to be applied against fresh cvs and supercedes the others, it shouldn't interfere with the detection code already there. I've been testing it on the sixteen programmes I have on disk, it tends to not pick up on Channel 5's live broadcasts because they seem to be slack on using blackframes when they switch to/from ads. Nearly all the rest are picked up, out of twenty-three breaks four are missed, two start or finish one ad into the break. So far no programming has been clipped, one of my tests is half of CSI >:), which worked ok. The assumptions made are that the adverts are in ten second blocks and are seperated from the programme by blackframes.
Logo detection would be great to have, have you coded for transparent or opaque logos (or both!)? I've noticed that some channels remove them a couple of seconds before the break starts so myth needs to make allowances for this. Maybe the logo being present could be taken as means of discounting scenechanges, blackframes, etc.

Liam