[mythtv] Myth Video Conference Plugin

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Tue Jan 27 15:29:04 EST 2004

I've been spending some time trying to pull together a Myth Video Conference
plugin; and want to make sure I'm not overlapping with other work going
on before I spend half my life on this :-)

Anyone working on this?

So far I have ...
-- A user interface that is reasonable to use with a built-in directory
-- A SIP stack built in (from Vovida.org)
-- I can make and receive SIP calls, and the audio is nearly going
-- It displays a local webcam screen

Things I have to do before it becomes remotely useful ...
-- Add video support
-- Reorganise to make the package run in the background (so you can receive
calls whilst watching TV or listening to music)
-- Tons more stuff

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll pull some screen shots onto
my website and give the URL. If anyone really wants to play with early
software I could have something in a couple of weeks.

If anyone is also working on something like this; can we talk?

Paul