[mythtv] Regarding the MediaMVP

Drew Whittle drew at lug.net.nz
Mon Jan 26 21:08:04 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 14:39, John W. Ross wrote:

> Also, since the MediaMVP is not x86 based, but rather PowerPC based, it
> would seem that this approach would be cleaner.  Trying to move the MythTV
> program onto the MediaMVP would probably require a much greater programming
> effort than the rewards would justify.

The effort to port to PPC is well worth it (IMHO) because a lot of
embedded devices use PPC chips.

On my desk right now I have a Linux Based Satellite STB that I'm
planning on getting Myth up and running on, assuming that I can get all
the required bits and pieces compiled ok.

So if there are people working on a PPC port, contact me please.

:D