[mythtv] Re: Packaging prereleases/CVS? (was: Next release?)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 26 17:58:44 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 12:52:53PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> >From bug reports on the -users list, it seems a number of people
> are unintentionally installing the CVS rpms.  I don't think this'll
> work, especially as they are (built with directfb enabled, which
> will break on most people's machines).  How about putting the rpms
> someplace where they can't be grabbed automatically?

Hm, I thought they were safe enough in the "bleeding" section of
ATrpms described as: "bleeding packages means asking for trouble!"

Obviously there are more people using bleeding than I was aware
of. Doesn't anything scare them off? ;)

I can remove stability classification from mythtv/cvs which results
in the rpms not being in any apt repo, but only available for manual
download. The flip side of the coin is that they will also lose their
classification on web page (i.e. they will appear colorless like
atrpms-kickstart).

I guess it is time to look again at my repo/web generation scripts.

Independent of the mythtv cvs people should not be activating a repo
calling itself bleeding! At least not unintentionally!
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de