[mythtv] Heads up: Smart playlists in MythMusic

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Mon Jan 26 17:16:06 EST 2004

On Monday 26 January 2004 16:14, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Can you point me to the code that executes playlists within
> playlists?  I've attempted to tackle this at a low level by modifying
> the
> fillSongsFromSonglist function so that when passed the playlist field
> as retreived from the database, if the smart: tag is present, it
> queries to build the song list or else it behaves as it does today.
> I haven't seen any code that checks the ID in a playlist to see if it
> another playlist.

	When it does fillSongsFromSonglist(), it just creates a list of Track
objects. But track objects can be just an actual music track, or a
reference to another playlist (if their index number is negative).

	Have a look at Playlist::writeTree() which recursively calls itself if
it gets negative numbers.

- thor