[mythtv] Another promising output option

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Sun Jan 25 08:27:01 EST 2004

Ian Caulfield wrote:
> This looks like a very neat device... browsing around I see that some
> work has been done on replacing the OS image with a custom one. It might
> be possible to actually run mythfrontend on this machine - the main
> problem I can imagine would be the tight memory requirements.
>
> I might try and get hold of one of these.

The memory issue will make running the frontend right on the device
pretty tough. I suppose you could use the nanoX I have heard mentioned
to slim it down somewhat but I doubt it would be enough.

I am going to order one to messy around with. I figure if I can add the
zlib yvuy encoding that is uses to a standard VNC server for Linux, I
should be able to run mythfrontend under it. Once I can display the GUI,
then I can hopefully change Myth to send commands to the streaming
portion of the MediaMVP to control the playback.

This is of course based on *a lot* of conjecture :)

Dennis