[mythtv] scheduler

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Sat Jan 24 03:44:28 EST 2004

On Saturday 24 January 2004 06:28, David Engel wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 02:33:49PM +0000, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> > you appear to be the "owner" of the scheduler
>
> Since there was no attribution, I'm guessing you were directing this
> at me.  If so, no, I am not the owner of anything.  I'm just a
> contributor to whom Isaac has been gracious enough to grant access to
> CVS.  I pretty much work on features that I want or things that I
> think I can improve on.

sorry about that
i've seen enough emails on this list from issac where he lambasted people for
cc'ing him directly as well as sending to the list. it has sort of become a
habit of mine to just send to the list. yes; i was directing this at you. :-)

i realise the referene to "owner" was perhaps shorthand which was just a
little too short.

> > do you think it would be possible for the scheduler to try to pick a
> > decoder which is so-located with the frontend in the situation where
> > there are multiple backends. i have two and they are connected by a
> > wireless lan. using the remote master when there is a local decoder is
> > not very pleasant to watch
>
> I believe Myth already tries to use a local tuner for live TV.  If you
> are talking about regular recordings, that's counter to the whole idea
> of making all the backends work together.  If your network isn't fast
> enough, why not run completely separate Myth systems, or write some
> scripts to migrate the recording from one backend to the other when
> needed.

this has me puzzled as i'm pretty sure that my frontend used the remote
backend for live-tv. i'd just set it up and was just playing around.

as for running them separately. this is what i was doing. up and until my tv
listings source went away (boo hoo) making myth slighly less useful.

thanks for the response. i will have another look at what is going on.
--
simon