[mythtv] scheduler

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Sat Jan 24 01:28:37 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 02:33:49PM +0000, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> you appear to be the "owner" of the scheduler

Since there was no attribution, I'm guessing you were directing this
at me.  If so, no, I am not the owner of anything.  I'm just a
contributor to whom Isaac has been gracious enough to grant access to
CVS.  I pretty much work on features that I want or things that I
think I can improve on.

> do you think it would be possible for the scheduler to try to pick a decoder
> which is so-located with the frontend in the situation where there are
> multiple backends. i have two and they are connected by a wireless lan. using
> the remote master when there is a local decoder is not very pleasant to watch

I believe Myth already tries to use a local tuner for live TV.  If you
are talking about regular recordings, that's counter to the whole idea
of making all the backends work together.  If your network isn't fast
enough, why not run completely separate Myth systems, or write some
scripts to migrate the recording from one backend to the other when
needed.

David
--
David Engel