[mythtv] PATCH - DVB Signal Monitor

Martin Smith martin at spamcop.net
Fri Jan 23 15:58:31 EST 2004

Hi,

This is my DVB signal monitor patch, following on from Kenneth's recent patch. I
believe I've taken all his changes into account. I've been running this for a
week and I believe it to be safe.

This adds a a means of sampling the dvb signal quality data (and some
dvbrecorder packet error counts) at intervals while recording. This data is
stored in the db and can be used to investigate the causes of DVB stream
errors. Data collection is off by default and the config options are only
enabled if DVB
support is compiled in.

The following sql is needed by this patch:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS dvb_signal_quality
(
    id INT UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    sampletime TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,
    cardid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    fe_snr INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    fe_ss  INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    fe_ber INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    fe_unc INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    myth_cont INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    myth_over INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    myth_pkts INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    FOREIGN KEY(cardid) REFERENCES capturecard(id),
    INDEX (sampletime,cardid)
);

Thanks,

Martin