[mythtv] MythMusic's smart shuffle problem?

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Wed Jan 21 14:23:47 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 10:08, Tako Schotanus wrote:
> Yes, I did, but:
>
> 1. I assumed the weights would only change the _possibility_ of a song
> being played or not

The weights should determine what priority each category (rank, last
time played, number of times played, randomness) is given when
calculating a song's position in the playlist. For example, if you have
rating set to 100 and everything else 0, then the playlist should be
sorted entirely based on user-assigned rating. If everything is 25, then
each category figures in evenly.

> 2. The song that it always plays first does not even have one of the
> highest weights that I have assigned
>
> It seems almost like it's doing some kind of "album play" because it
> seems to stick to the songs from one album before changing to another,
> while the behaviour I can remember from before when it still worked that
> way it was supposed to it played a couple of songs from the same album
> before switching to another. But I might be mistaken herem, it was been
> a while that things were working correctly.

Odd... Does musicmetadata in your database have all the columns: rating,
lastplay & playcount?

Joe