[mythtv] PVR-350 Sound

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Mon Jan 19 10:40:42 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 16:21, Tobias Luetke wrote:
> Torsten Schenkel wrote:

> > The headphone plug on the backpane is a line-in port. The audio out is
> > on the multicable port (RCA plugs).
> >
> > Torsten
>

> Speaking of which, how do i enable the line-in on the 350. I'd like to
> route my soundcard over it so that i can use mythmusic and things like
> that.
>
> I tryed modinfo ivtv and modinfo mpa3400 but couldn't find anything.
>
> Its not enabled by default either as far as i can tell, i plugged my
> walk man directly into it :)

You can't use it as a passthrough device. What you want to do is:
Connect the audio out from the pvr to the line in on your sound card and
connect the amp/speakers to the line out of your sound card.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough