[mythtv] Re:DVB Todo

Martin Smith martin at spamcop.net
Sun Jan 18 05:43:23 EST 2004

Hi,

> + Fix A possible silent loop in StartRecording

It's possible that we've both changed the code for this one.

> - Fix silent EOVERFLOW in recorder

I have done this, it now gets logged at RECORD level. I didn't know whether it
should exit recording on repeated errors. Any opinions?

> + Fix polling before every read
> + Larger buffer for ts packets

I haven't looked at these as I couldn't see any overflows on the stream, as we
discussed.

> + Slightly cleaner first continuity counter fix

It's possible that this overlaps with my changes. I've made it log the
frontend stats on each stream continuity error eg:

2004-01-17 21:32:06 DVB#0 WARNING - Transport Stream Continuity Error. PID = 610
2004-01-17 21:32:06 DVB#0 BER: 7611 UB: 10 SNR: 59367 SS: 13364 ST: 31 OVF: 0
2004-01-17 21:32:06 DVB#0 PID 610 contcounter 15 cc 9

The biggest thing I did yesterday is add a database table called
dvb_signal_quality. When enabled a thread in the DVB recorder writes data to
this table every N seconds.

This includes the frontend signal stats and the number of stream errors, bad
packets and overflows at the application level. Data is retained for M days
where N and M are configurable via a new settings screen.

It worked fine for the recordings I did overnight. My plan was to do more
testing before submitting it but if it might conflict with anything anyone else
is doing with the code I'm happy to send you what I have for review.

Martin