[mythtv] Multiple tuner conflict resolution bug or feature?

Steve Davies steve at one47.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 17:00:54 EST 2004

David Engel wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 01:53:11PM +0000, Steve Davies wrote:
>
>>What scheduler related stuff is on your to-do list? I am "tinkering" with
>>this code at present so will consider anything that's on the list.
>

> I have two things planned.  1) Reporting correct status of curretntly
> recording programs and programs that were recording but were canceled.
> 2) Better handling of multiple tuner cards as discussed in this
> thread.
>
> David

I think I will probably touch the edges of number 2 in your list - If I have
any degree of success, I could try and do the job properly, but so far I am
adding an option so that all cards are equal, but ordered by source id as is
already done. I also thought that I'd add an option to make the scheduler try
to avoid using the first card when possible - This would be for LiveTV users.

Apart from that, I am aiming for some optimisations speed wise, and an attempt
to make the scheduler understand that different sources can still carry the
same channels, or a sub/superset of them. I would like to implement the
"shareable" flag in the scheduler, and there is a bug where a program can be
scheduled as a not-record incorrectly.

Today I managed to get both my tuners working. Tomorrow, I install the new
code and play ;-) I also have a segfault to track down and/or report to the list.

Phew!
Steve
Steve Davies                   steve at one47.co.uk

PGP Fingerprints:
DH/DSS : 5D85 8164 91D7 E9CC 4F80  842B AB86 93D9 8938 7612
RSA    :      4E2E E60F 3D76 9E7E  70F9 901B 70FA 56C8
RSA4096: 02BE 5C0E EFA2 E1E4 EA89  C9CC 1E4F F654 3BC7 B65E