[mythtv] Multiple tuner conflict resolution bug or feature?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Jan 17 16:53:59 EST 2004

David Engel wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 01:53:11PM +0000, Steve Davies wrote:
>
>>What scheduler related stuff is on your to-do list? I am "tinkering" with
>>this code at present so will consider anything that's on the list.
>

> I have two things planned.  1) Reporting correct status of curretntly
> recording programs and programs that were recording but were canceled.
> 2) Better handling of multiple tuner cards as discussed in this
> thread.

There are two things I would most like to fix. 1) Put backs.
An 8:00-8:30 sitcom may lose to an 8:00-10:00 movie moving the
sitcom to card 2. If a 9:00-10:00 drama beats the movie, the
movie is then moved to card 3. The sitcom could once again
fit on card 1 and should be put back. Also, the movie should
end up on card 2 rather than 3. Which leads to 2) priority
sorting for cards 2 thru N. DoMultiCard simply moves things
to the next unoccupied card rather than resolving the best
fit for card 2 then 3 etc. This causes thing to show up in
random order, not fit tightly and in some cases and can even
choose the wrong thing to not record.

--  bjm