[mythtv] Multiple tuner conflict resolution bug or feature?

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Sat Jan 17 06:00:17 EST 2004

Bruce Markey wrote:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> writes:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Let's stick with your example, but add a third card.  I've seen
>> it end up with:
>>
>> 8:00
>> card1: Idol
>> card2: Morgan
>> card3: <empty>
>> 3:00
>> card1: Nova
>>
>> It is *THIS* situation that I'm asking about.
>

> I know but using an example where there wouldn't be a problem
> doesn't make the problem go away.
>
>> I see no reason to
>> leave an encoder blank like this (especially when they are all
>> equivalent cards).
>

> But that doesn't mean that everyone else has equivalent cards.
> Many people have a PVR plus some bttv cards or a stereo card
> and a mono card etc. I have equivalent cards but not equivalent
> signal quality at each of the drops. Multiple backends could
> have different CPUs, disk space, local disk vs NFS, etc.

So how about a "ranking" for cards? You could just set your 2 PVR-250s
to the same high ranking and give your bttv card a lower ranking (or in
your particular case you could rank your cards by signal quality). That
way it could sort the cards by ranking and use more or less the same
system it uses now only adding code for the fact that cards with the
same ranking will be used in some kind of round-robin fashion.

-Tako