[mythtv] cancel recording bug?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 15 11:37:00 EST 2004

Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu> writes:

> #2's going to be pretty difficult -- you'd basically have to switch decoding
> methods mid stream, and I don't think that'd be easy at all with the way
> things are structured.  I have been meaning to make the alpha amount
> configurable, and fix it so that it displays the epg in the other mode, which
> should make things more useable.

I'm not actually looking to _switch_ decoding methods, just decode in
software in addition to decoding in hardware.  In other words,
duplicate the stream I'm receiving; send the whole stream to the pvr
and at the same time, in s/w, decode the video and put it in the
corner.

I already patched my code to make the alpha 255 so I don't get the
see-through.

> #3 shouldn't be that bad, though.  I'd worry about how fast it'd be, and if
> updating the framebuffer that often would cause the same sort of problems
> you're seeing with the EPG.  You be willing to test this if I whip out some
> code for it?  I can't easily get a second stream going on my pvr-350 machine.

Yea, I can test that if you get me some code.

> Isaac

-derek