[mythtv] [Patch] Media playback plugins.

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Mon Jan 12 08:28:30 EST 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Saturday 10 January 2004 06:08 pm, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>

>>The attached file includes two patches and a source file...
>>

>I know I said I'd apply this tonight, but I think I'd rather not have the
>player selection logic live in the user (ie, mythvideo).  Instead, I think it
>should be in the context..

Hmmm if I'm reading this correctly, that'd mean moving a lot of the
MythVideo code into the context since it the selection logic was there
to begin with...

Or were you meaning I should just change it so that it would read
something like this:

    if(gContext->handleMedia(handler, mediaFile))
       return;

And let the context determine if the handler passed is a registered
plugin and if so execute it?

>Oh, and maybe make it live in MythMainWindow like
>the media handler callbacks, just to keep similar things grouped together?

I was originally going to put it there but it didn't seem like a logical
fit to me.  The jumpmap / keybinding stuff was a good fit since keys had
something to do with windows.  But if you'd rather it was in the
mainwindow that's fine by me.