[mythtv] Compilation problems with dvb enabled (cvs)

Harley Cole-Puls cole0103 at flinders.edu.au
Mon Jan 12 03:55:29 EST 2004

Quoting Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu>:

> On Sunday 11 January 2004 11:45 pm, Harley Cole-Puls wrote:
> > Ok, I have got Mythtv to compile with dvb support however when i run
> setup
> > and try to select DVB as a video card the spot where it should show my
> card
> > type displays the message "Compile with dvb-support".
> >
> > I have tried this a few times and it is starting to irritate me. Is this
> > normal problem... does anyone know a way around this ?
>
> make distclean, then rebuild things.
>
> Isaac

Okay, I have done  make distclean; ./configure; qmake mythtv.pro; make; make
install;

I go to setup the dvb card and still get the message recompile with dvb support.
When i was first installing mythtv i used myth0.13 and it correctly recognised
it as a phillips card at this step, but mythbackend flaked out when starting
with errors of card setup (cardid=1... shouldnt it have been 0) and not being
able to find the field use_ts in the database. Could these be related issues and
something to do with the setup on my machine that mythtv is not liking (gentoo,
mythcvs, Nova-t, M10000) ?

What dvb drivers are people using ? I am using dvb-1.0.1 as latest available
from normal download. Perhaps i should try the cvs version. Has anyone had any
mileage on this ?

Like before, any help is apreciated before i reduce my computer to a hunk of
smouldering rubble.

Harley