[mythtv] DirectFB + QTE

Derek Watson magic_cure at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 12 02:10:59 EST 2004

Hi folks

I'm having trouble getting myth working with DirectFB + QTE as per Wayne's
instructions. Does anyone have any ideas what the error message below could
mean? I'm using Gentoox and have tried using both the xboxfb and rivafb but
neither seem to work.

I can manually set the overlay to triple buffer with "dfblayer -l 01 -b
BACKVIDEO" without error, but it fails also when I explicitly set it to
TRIPLE. Is the buffer type an option of myth or QT and if so where might I
find this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Derek.

(*) DirectFB/GraphicsDevice: nVidia RIVA TNT/TNT2/GeForce 0.2 (convergence
integrated media GmbH)
(*) DirectFB/Layer: Enabled 'FBDev Primary Layer'.
(!!!)  *** CAUTION [letting unprivileged IDirectFBDisplayLayer::GetSurface()
call pass until cooperative level handling is finished] ***
idirectfbdisplaylayer.c (147)
(*) DirectFB/Layer: Enabled 'NVidia Overlay'.
(!?!)  *** BUG ALERT [unknown buffermode] *** nvidia_overlay.c (373)
(!) DirectFB/Core/layers: Reallocation of layer surface failed!
(#) DirectFBError [Couldn't set up triple buffering, trying double]:
Internal bug!