[mythtv] [Patch] Media playback plugins.

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sat Jan 10 18:08:38 EST 2004

The attached file includes two patches and a source file...

The patch to mythtv allows a plugin to register itself as a media
playback plugin. The interface is extremely simple right, just a play
function.  In addition, this patch adds an "Internal" media playback
plugin that leverages the existing code for TV playback to play various
media files.  It currently has issues with lots of different files but
as Issac has pointed out we should be fixing what we have instead of
adding more stuff.

The patch to MythVideo adds support for using the media playback
plugins.  You can tell MV to use them by either specifying one of them
in the setup/file settings/extension settings or if you don't specify
anything at all "Internal" will be used.

I have a patch for MythDVD that allows it to use the plugins, but
there's a weird interaction between xine-lib and Myth that I'm trying to
track down so there's not much point as of yet.