[mythtv] Re: [ivtv-devel] Framebuffer output

myth at fsck.ch myth at fsck.ch
Sat Jan 10 12:35:41 EST 2004

> > The test image works fine, decoder output works fine, however
> > framebuffer output from X is garbled.
> >
> > I've grabbed a frame (there seemed something twisted about feeding the
> > PVR350's output back into itself, but it worked :-):
> >
> > http://www.etcp.co.uk/garble.jpg
>
> Ah that one! Don't know what causes it, But I do know what fixes it. I
> usually get this one only after I killed mythfrontend (first startup is
> always OK). It recovers itself when I go to TV or play a video through
> the decoder. I don't know if it will recover if you do a dd to
> /dev/video16, but it definitely should do so.

anyone ever noticed that this garbled screen after watching a video in
mythtv only happens before the first time one has watched tv? once i
have watched tv for a second or so, the screen never gets garbled again
no matter how many videos i watch.

maybe that info can help someone fix that problem.

cheers, t.