[mythtv] [patch] Improved seek support for WMA in MythMusic

Kevin Kuphal kevin.kuphal at myrealbox.com
Fri Jan 9 17:40:45 EST 2004

I am looking into that.  Simply clearing the data structure isn't good
enough because the seek_frame does a read_packet which expects that there be
some data in those structures.  The major issue is that this data is
specific to each format.  Tweaking it for the ASF struct doesn't do any good
for reusing this for other codecs.  While the open/close method might be
"nasty", it works, and works rather well without a performance problem that
I could see.

One thing I thought of now as I write is that this all may have been
dependent on another patch to the libavformat libraries I had been working
on.  I'm going to have to check tonight with a clean CVS install to see if
that was the case.

Ultimately, what I really should do is implement the asf_read_seek method in
libavformat which should address all these issues.  Let me loot into that.
Disregard this diff then.

Thanks!