[mythtv] How to integrate streaming content

Eric ericgies at kabelfoon.nl
Wed Jan 7 14:44:25 EST 2004

In my post "mythradio becomes mythstream" (31 dec 07:32) I asked for advice
about mythtv design requirements, hoping mythstream functionality can be
included in mythtv. I received no reply yet.

My first post, about mythradio, was replied upon by Isaac - without including
my mailadres in his reply, indicating he didn't want an answer. He stated
that making the code official would require integration with mythmusic.
I can do that, by removing the video functionality and "glueing" things
together.

But to go beyond that first thought, I need more feedback. Like:
just putting the stream gui behind the mythmusic button doesn't seem a proper
solution to me. Am I correct? How far should the integration go? What about
adding the streaming video part into mythvideo? And in that case: is a
"handover" of stream URL's between audio and video parts acceptable, and on
what level? Of course I don't expect explicit answers to all these questions,
by stating them I just wanted to clarify my request for feedback.

Thanks in advance
Eric.