[mythtv] MythVideo issues..

Dave Alden alden at math.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jan 6 08:08:59 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 03:56:48PM -0500, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Monday 05 January 2004 12:27, Craig Meyer wrote:
> > 2) When I add cover art to MythVideo I can see the Images when using
> > the Video Browser but not when using the video list. The odd thing
> > is, this occurs on only one of my two MythTV boxes. Since the problem
> > started I have recompiled with no change, I can only guess that the
> > problem is somewhere in my database. Anyone have an idea how to fix
> > this?
>
> IIRC, the cover art is stored under your ${HOME}/.mythtv directory, so
> if you have multiple frontends they each need a copy of the cover art.
> I think this may have been addressed recently (I recall a thread about
> it), but maybe it was only fixed in one of the 2 mythvideo screens.

I'm not sure if this is Craig's problem or not, I just wanted to add a
comment that you can put cover art in the same directory as the video
(just with a ".jpeg" extension, or whatever graphics format it's in).
Then, when you update the video through Video Manager (using IMDB), it
will use the covert art you placed in the directory instead of downloading
the cover art from imdb (I like to scan my DVD covers and use that instead
of whatever artwork imdb has).

I don't know why the cover art downloaded from imdb isn't stored in the
same directory -- if no one cares, I'm willing to (try to :-) create a
patch that stores it in the same directory.

...dave