[mythtv] segfault...appears to be libddmpeg.so related.GDBoutput:(fwd)

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Mon Jan 5 20:18:31 EST 2004

> I have tried the latest CVS and it is more stable than the
> 0.13-r1 release for DVB/CLE266. The performance of the
> DVB/CLE26 combination is still quite poor...quite stilted,
> frequent picture break ups and corruption etc.
>
> (i've tested the DVB without using the CLE266, and performance is
> still quite stilted with some corruption. But the corruption is
> less than the CLE266 - I guess DVB support is still quite raw,
> and the CPU deals with a rather bad stream better than the CLE266
> does).
>
> Anyway, I've also noticed that a segfault occurs when using the
> CLE266 when changing channels. This doesn't happen using the CPU.
> Here is the gdb trace of the segfault after a channel change.

I would suggest you take a look at the linuxtv.org mailinglist archive,
to try to hunt down the real cause of the breakups that you see in DVB
viewing. As for the CLE266 beeing unstable when a stream is broken
is known, but I don't see much of a problem with it here, as my DVB-S
source is very stable, except for when the weather is very bad.

If you're up to the task, there is probably some bugs you could fix,
or sanity checks you could add to videoout_viaslice::DrawSlice,
which queues the mpeg data and sends it off to the hardware for
decoding.

Kenneth