[mythtv] Keyframe adjust table (posibel bug(s))

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jan 5 12:14:36 EST 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:23:20 +0100, "Torbjörn Jansson" said:
> It will not be as easy as if first thougt, because if I can't use the
> timecode it will be hard to keep the audio and video in sync.

That is why I said you need to use both.

The timestamps are correct in a relative sense (you can rely on them to
match for a given audio/video pair).  The problem is that you can't rely
on a timestamp that is marked as 5:30.00 to actually occur 5 minutes in.
It could actually occur 2 minutes into the recording.

so when you do a seek, you should do so using frame numbers, then read
the first timestamps and reinitialize your A/V sync based on that.

.Geoff