[mythtv] Videolan

DBakker at arrayasolutions.com DBakker at arrayasolutions.com
Sun Jan 4 19:50:08 EST 2004

Does mythtv use ffmpeg for all it's encoding? What about hooking in to
ffserver to stream the data. If this could happen a simple java or jscript
program can be written to control the channel changing.

Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu>
Sent by: mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org
01/04/2004 07:32 PM
Please respond to
Development of mythtv <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>

Development of mythtv <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [mythtv] Videolan

On Sunday 04 January 2004 05:28 pm, DBakker at arrayasolutions.com wrote:
> The ability to watch video on a remote pc that isnt linux. VideoLan
> supports Mac, Windows and even pocketpcs. My main machine (need it for
> work) is a windows box and I and Im sure others would  love to be able
> watch live tv on it. It looks like the thing that is needed is an mythtv
> access module for VLC.

Could just Help Torbjörn Jansson work on his windows playback filters --
he's
worked on live-tv playback, afaik.

Isaac