[mythtv] [contrib] myth_categorize

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Sun Jan 4 17:10:28 EST 2004

Okay. Maybe I got ahead of myself.

The script does, or tries to do, the following:

* Search the program table for keywords in
  a) the description. Either:
    1) up until the first period - or -
    2) the entire description.
  b) the title of the show, including the subtitle.

* Maps the keywords to categories (e.g. Badminton->Sports,
Science.Fiction->SciFi, etc..)

* Writes the categories, and in special cases, category_types back to
the database.

It is done in bash because that is what I know best, but it can easily
be remade in another language by someone adept in that language :)

The reason for this script is mostly that my feed does not assign
categories directly, but the comments and titles usually hint at it or
say so outright. There are a few cases of false positives using this
approach, but rarely any that truly matters (at least on my testbase).

Better write that in the README tomorrow :)

/Martin.

Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>